- Brief profile of Department:
Kashmir Handicrafts play a vital role in socio-economic Development of Jammu and Kashmir. World known Crafts represent the culture of the State also at global level.
Directorate of Handicrafts (J&K) was established as part of Department of Industries and Commerce in 1972-73 and the main mandate of the Department is overall development of Handicrafts Sector in the State which primarily includes:
a). Widening of artisan base by imparting Training to unskilled persons.
b). Financial assistance to Individual Artisans in the shape of Artisan Credit Card (ACC).
C). Marketing support to the Artisans/Societies
d). Formation of Handicrafts Co-operative societies.
The Departments main activities in the District are summed up as under.
- a) Training Programme: – The main aim of training programme is to impart training in different crafts to the unskilled youth for a period of 1 to 2 years enabling them to earn their livelihood after completion of training period. The Department runs 20 training centers in the District with intake capacity of 25 trainees each and as such 444 trainees are undergoing training in these centers in the crafts like Crewel Embroidery, Sozni Embroidery, Ari Stapple, Paper Machie, Carpet Weaving and Wood Carving Crafts. 199 trainees have complete their training during the current financial year upto ending 01/2020 & 444 more trainees are going to complete their training in the following centers:
|S. No.||Name of the Training Centre||No. of Trainees undergoing Training during 2020||Block|
|1.||Gabba ATC Padgampora||23||Awantipora|
|2.||Stapple ETC Shar-i-Shali||21|
|3.||Namdha ETC Samboora||25|
|4.||Crewel ATC Awantipora||23|
|5.||Paper Machie ETC Hathkul||23|
|6.||Zari ATC Karimabad||25|
|7.||Wood Carving ETC Sathergund||24||Pulwama|
|8.||Crewel ATC Uzrampathri||25|
|9.||Crewel ETC Muchpuna||25|
|10.||Wood Carving ETC Qazigund||17|
|11.||Stapple ETC Pinglena||25|
|12.||Crewel ATC Batgund||19||Tral|
|13.||Carpet ETC Satoora Tral||20|
|14.||Carpet ETC Rathsuna||23|
|15.||Sozni ETC Lurgam Tral||17|
|16.||Sozni ETC Khangund Tral||19|
|17.||Leather Stapple ATC Tral||25|
|18.||Chain Stitch ETC Lariyar Tral||23|
|19.||Paper Machie ETC Seer Tral||22|
|20.||Carpet ETC Monghama||20|
The Trainees are being paid stipend of Rs.700/= in respect of Advance Training centers and Rs.500/= in respect of Elementary Training centers per month and the same is credited into their Bank Accounts to ensure its transparency and the department bears Rs. 33.60 lac’s on this account annually. Needless to add here that the department runs 06 Advance Training Centers and 14 Elementary Training Centers in the District.
- b) Welfare measures for Artisan Community: – To encourage and boost the Artisan Community, the Department provides financial assistance through Banks under Artisan Credit Card Scheme to the desirous registered Artisans @ Rs 1.00 lac each and Department bears 10% Interest Subsidy which is being credited into their loan accounts.
- c) Supply of Modern Carpet Looms to Carpet Weavers:- For welfare of Carpet Weavers, the central government in collaboration with state government through directorate of Handicrafts, some eight thousand Modern Carpet Looms have been supplied to Carpet weavers of the state in the previous years of 2012-13 and 2013-14 through SICOP and in district Pulwama 515 weavers have been covered under the scheme.
- Mobile Number, FAX, Email, Grievance Helpline of Department Head.
Head of the Department: Mr. Qadeer Ahmad Charak (Assistant Director Handicrafts).
Office Landline No. & FAX.:+911933241052
- Details of completed, ongoing and upcoming project for public Domain in Work file/softcopy.
Information in this regard may be treated as NIL.
- Photos of Departmental building and relevant to Department services for website upload.
Kindly see the attachments.
- Working Emergency Contact Details for Department.
|S. No.||Name of the Officer||Designation||Contact No.|
|1.||Mr. Qadeer Ahmad Charak||Assistant Director Handicrafts||9419130402|
|2.||Mr. Ghulam Ahmad Sofi||Handicrafts Training Officer||7006076839|
|3.||Mr. Abdul Hamid Bhat||Handicrafts Training Officer||7051721259|
|4.||Mr. Khursheed Ahmad Reshi||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7006557743|
|5.||Dr. Shabeer Ahmad Rather||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||8491800585|
|6.||Mr. Mir Awsaf Ahmad||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||9797220745|
|7.||Mr. Satpal Singh||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7006258285|
|8.||Mr. Sharif u Din Shah||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7006079450|
|9.||Mr. Mohammad Aijaz ul Haq||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7780850365|
|10.||Mr. Sabzar Ahmad Wagay||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7006560251|
|11.||Mr. Sheikh Manzoor Elahi||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||8899270192|
|12.||Mr. Sheikh Mohammad Asif||Assistant Handicrafts Training Officer||7006280047|
Office Landline & FAX: +911933241052
- Office Direction with Landmarks.
Office of the Assistant Director Handicrafts, Industrial Estate, Chatapora Pulwama-192301.